Saturday, April 28, 2012

Shopping Blues

The weather around here these past few days has been all kinds of gloomy, so I set out Saturday afternoon for some shopping therapy. Ha ha! (Insert snowy, rainy, hot, cold, sunny,  for gloomy - any weather is the right weather for shopping in my book!) I was on the hunt for a few things from the antique malls around town, but came up empty handed.  Drat! So on the way home I ran into Tuesday Morning.  I don't usually find much there, but every once in awhile....And today was the day! I have a wall in our living room that needed a little change and I found the perfect thing.
Blurry! (sorry) But this is a before shot.  I actually quite like this arrangement, but the wall pocket was starting to feel a little overpowering and I wanted to bring in  a bit more aqua for spring.


I bought this gorgeous pottery wall pocket for $14.99, scavenged some greens from around the house and voila!  It is a great shot of color and the texture of the piece is amazing.


This is a closer view of the vignette.  Two cute floral prints, along with a pair of aqua sconces, coral pot with ivy, and a sweet little plate from Home Goods I bought on clearance a month or so ago.  The lamp was a Hobby Lobby 90% off steal three years ago.

Sorry about the shades being down - the windows were creating a terrible glare! Yikes!

One last look!


Wishing you happiness,
Jane
                          Joining in the fun at these fabulous parties:

3 comments:

  1. What a goregous color! It looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jane, you have a lovely vignette!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like a perfect wall vase for your home. Beautiful flowers and I love the name of your blog. (Newest follower)

    ReplyDelete