Sunday, August 12, 2012

Where's the Silver?

The other day I shared with you my super GW deals on silver pieces here. I finally found a home for most of them.  


 This is a shot of the water closet area in our master bathroom.  Last fall, I found this old shelf that was stained a super dark walnut for $4.00 at the GW and painted it/distressed it to a pretty shade of aqua/blue.  I'm pretty sure it is a cup and saucer shelf from the 70's/80's when that sort of collecting was so popular.
 I think the little creamers look so cute on the shelves.  The beanie baby was a favorite of my daughter's when she was little, so while not very decorative, it is a sweet reminder of those days and I love having it there!


I used one of the footed silver bowls to hold some yummy scented soaps! The little ceramic dish next to it holds scented "spa beads" that I picked up at our State Fair last week - they smell FAB-u-lous!


The tiny blue willow platter is from a set of dishes I won at a school "trade with a friend day" when I was in third or fourth grade.  I remember I brought it home and my antique dealer parents didn't want me to play with it because it is quite valuable! I wasn't happy about the no play rule, but I am now!
This  framed picture is of my husband walking with a sheep on his grandparents farm when he was just a little guy.  It is beyond adorable and makes me smile every time I look at it!

 I picked up these tin bird hangings for $4.99 each at Stein's Garden Center two years ago.  I love them, but have yet to find the right spot for them in our house.Right now I am trying them out here by just resting them on the shelf, before I commit to three nail holes.  Do you ever fall in love with something only to find out it just doesn't "work" with your decor? I think that is where I am at with these. :(  Wah!

One last look!

Wishing you happiness,

16 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Love the color of the shelf.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks my friend - so sweet of you to say!

      Delete
  2. Good way to put a collection together. I am following, dropping in from DebbieDoos Newbie Party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rob!I am on my way to check out "your place!"

      Delete
  3. Good collection and show case.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet mementos--I've never seen such a tiny Blue Willow piece. This is really cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Shannon! Yes, it is the cutest little set. It also has a pitcher, covered casserole, plates, cups, & saucers.

      Delete
  5. I love it! The shelf is so pretty, and the bird hangings are adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks Kathy! I like the bird hangings too - I've just haven't had any luck finding a good spot for them.

      Delete
  6. I'm always buying things just because I like them without giving thought to whether or not they fit. I think I have the same shelf and I need to give it a coat of paint over the dark stain. Yours is such a pretty shade of blue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol - good to know I'm not the only one! Painting the shelf was such a huge change - I just love it so much painted that blue. But there are so many other possibilities! (I actually just spray painted it in aqua, sanded it in spots, finished with a dark glaze, and clear wax. Took all of an hour!

      Delete
  7. hi there....love silver as well the shelf is darling! and everything in it looks so sweet! following you....................hugs kat =^.^=

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi its me again! PS i have three little pups I call the 3amigos................one is Mr. Parker! Mr. Tucker Blackburn and TippyToe! Love your pics of your animals! so cute!!! :) hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice job! Thanks for sharing with the newbie party.

    ReplyDelete