Sunday, March 8, 2015

Entry Hall Re-Do

Grace at HomeHi everyone!

I have been enlisting Mr.Bluebird' s help in sprucing up our front entry hall. It has taken a few weeks to complete all of the steps, even though it was a very small project. 

This is your view as you move through our foyer. Our den is to the left and the little hall leads to our kitchen. The hallway is small with two doors on the right - one to a closet and one to the basement.


Below is a view from the kitchen - the den is on your right from this vantage point.


I've never really done much with this area. The size, the doors, the doorbell and the thermostat make decorating difficult to say the least. But lately I've been brainstorming on what I could do with this space.

One night I was browsing Amazon.com (for the first time - but not the last). I found four farm house style prints for the whopping sum of $8.50 with free shipping. The set includes a rooster, sheep, pig and cow. This was my inspiration! I also picked up four frames. They were black, but I painted them cream.

Mr. Bluebird helped install some metal label holders on the frames and installed an assortment of fun drawer pulls onto a 1x2 board.



The board was new. I distressed it, painted it with random swishes of cream and orange chalk paint. Then I finished it with dark wax. Mr. Bluebird added the knobs.


I added the metal label holders to the frame to customize the plain style. After printing numbers that are meaningful to our family, I swiped some dark wax onto the paper to give it an aged appearance. Love this detail!




Mr. Bluebird thought he was so clever taking my picture! Pictures of yours truly are few and far between on my blog, but I will indulge him just this once!


And there you have it: my fun new "art installation." All for a total of $50!


I've made a list of supplies and sources for those who might be interested.

Supply List:

1 X 2 Aspen Board   $3.50
12 X 12 Frame (4)   $17.00
Label Holders          $  5.00
Drawer Pulls            $16.00
Set of 4 Prints          $   8.50
Twine
Cream craft paint, orange chalk paint, and dark paste wax
Project Total:  $50.00

Be sure to visit me here and help me celebrate my blogiversary and  join in my giveaway!

Thanks for stopping by,
Jane



Linking with:
Amaze Me Monday
Boogieboard Cottage
Monday Funday
DIY SundayShowcase
Metamorphosis Monday
Something to Talk About
Coastal Charm Show and Share
Inspire Me Tuesday
The Scoop
Let's Talk Vintage
Wow Us Wednesday
Party in Your PJ's
Winter Blues Wednesday
Share Your Style
Saturday Sparks

14 comments:

  1. I LOVE those prints!!! Your entry hall has so much personality now!!! My favorite is the pic of YOU!!!
    Amazing what a BIG difference small changes can make!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Jane, I love this! How very clever to make the board hanger (it's probably got a prettier name)! I love your prints too. This really looks so very nice in your hall way. Pat yourself and your hubby on the back. You're as pretty as a picture so pose for the camera more often! :)
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute and clever and those prints are wonderful!
    I would love it if you stopped by my blog and joined our Something to Talk About link party!
    Have a great day!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are super cute prints, and I love how you displayed them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what an awesome job love that you took the time to get all done right and did not cost a fortune
    come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a clever idea, Jane! I love your prints and unique knobs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jane, I don't know why you wouldn't want your pic taken. You are too cute!! I love your prints and the way you have hung them. Not only cute but clever too! They look really great, Jane..Happy Tuesday..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the link to the label holders!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Makes such a difference, what a lovely combination of prints and I love they way you used different knobs. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks great! Love the board you've created and the prints are perfect...great price too!
    Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are super cute! I can't believe you created all of this at such a reasonable price. It's awesome! Coco

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jane,
    Those prints are adorable, dear one!!!
    I can tell by the smile on your face that these prints welcome you each time you enter your home!!!
    Thanks for sharing the hanger it is spectacular!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a fun and unique way to spruce up your wall. I love it.

    ReplyDelete