Sunday, July 5, 2015

Relax, Spray Paint to the Rescue

Hi everyone!

Hope you all had an outstanding fourth of July.  We kept it pretty low key, but it was wonderful nonetheless.

Awhile back, I shared that we are expanding our patio and adding a fire pit area.  This has not happened yet and we are awaiting our landscaper who is backed up with work.  It will probably not get off the ground until August or possibly even September.

With that thought in mind, our daughter's going away party is fast approaching and our existing fire area really needed an overhaul.  But, it needed to be a face lift for little or no money since it is going to be completely replaced.

Here is a before photo:


Our plastic Adirondack chairs were discolored, dirty and no matter how hard we scrubbed, nothing any one wanted to sit on anymore.  Frankly, they were gross!


Enter one of my closest and oldest friends: spray paint!  Spray paint you can use on plastic!  A quick couple of coats in Key Lime and presto change-o! Cute, revitalized chairs!



The firepit topper needs a quick coat of black spray paint - just pretend it's already been done!


I had the lime Pier One cushions in my stash and the Pottery Barn bolsters have been used on these chairs for a few years.




I picked up the  wood "Relax" sign on deep discount at Hobby Lobby and I think it adds a cute touch to this little area.


I am pretty impressed with the coverage of this spray paint and the finish it gave to the chairs.  I am also happy that for about $6.00 I was able to breathe new life into them and make this an inviting area for the remainder of the summer. I am so looking forward to our patio extension, but I will be toasting my toes (and marshmallows) in this cozy area while we wait!

Have you tried spray painting plastic?

Thanks for stopping by,
Jane

Linking with:
DIY Sunday Showcase
Amaze Me Monday
Make it Pretty Monday
Coastal Charm Show and Share
Metamorphosis Monday
Inspire Me Tuesday
The Scoop
Lou Lou Girls Fabulous Party
Party in Your PJ's
Wow us Wednesday
Sizzle into Summer
Share Your Style
Grace at Home

12 comments:

  1. WOW! I didn't know you could spray paint plastic, I have some chairs that need a redo, thanks for sharing, yours turned out beautiful, Jane! Hope you are enjoying your 4th of July weekend!
    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! I'd love to have a fire pit! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta love a can of pretty spray paint. Your chairs are fabulous. You re loved them beautifully. Hope you had a great 4th week end. Have a great start to the new week ahead.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous! I love that color and have used it often. That of course is my favorite spray paint too. The coverage is amazing. Your chairs look happy now:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What a difference! Love the color you chose, makes me happy too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Jane! Spray paint again to the rescue. The difference is amazing. I love the pretty color you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love spray paint. Your chairs look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hooray for paint! Your chairs look like new now! I like the pretty bright color you chose. That area looks so nice to sit and relax at now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute! I get so excited each week to see what you have been working on because it's always AMAZING! Thank you for sharing this with us. Pinned and tweeted. I hope to see you on Monday at 7 pm, so we can party!!!! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving this! Thank you for sharing. You are one of the fan favorites at the Sunday Showcase from the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Here is the link so you can check out your feature. http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/2015/07/the-sunday-showcase-from-make-it-pretty_11.html Hope to see you again at Make it Pretty Monday. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Weekly Feature Series is live. You are one of the 25 features that are in the Series. Here is the link so you can check it out. http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/2015/07/weekly-feature-series_18.html Happy Week to you! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is really good. You can try the mobility walkers for temporary movement. It will help you to heal faster. You can get it at a regular rate but the best quality here.

    ReplyDelete