Monday, July 4, 2016

New Look in the Nook

Hi everyone!

Last week I shared my vintage roller rink baskets with you all and today I want to show you where they ended up in our house!

We converted a cluttered and under-utilized cabinet at the top of stairs into a cute little nook a few years back,  I told you about that here.  Besides looking cute and cozy in our small hallway, it has tons of storage space and is used far more effectively than when everything was behind closed doors.

I originally used old soda crates for storage, but when I found the baskets at the flea market, I thought they would make a fun change.  It's actually a much softer look than the crates and I really like it.



The little antique school desk was used by Baby Bluebird for many years while she was growing up.  It has been painted a million (yes, a million!) times and I even refinished it down to the bare wood at one time.  It fits nicely in this little space, don't you think?


We have two tiers of shelves and then three wire baskets from Pottery Barn with hooks.  They are from their Kellan line and it looks like these particular baskets are no longer available, but there are other items similar on their website.


 The open shelves are perfect for storing and displaying my overflow of throws and pillow shams.


I recently found the "Butterscotch Waffles" tin on ebay and had to have it!  One of our sweet kitties was named Butterscotch and I thought the little tin was a cute remembrance.



There are zero windows in this hallway and even when I open the doors to the nearby bedrooms, the lighting for picture taking is dreadful - as these pictures attest!  This is a night time shot with the lamp  on and a very special photo bomber, our buddy Palmer.



Well, that's my tour of the new and improved nook area - this tiny space always makes me smile when I pass by.

Thanks for stopping by,
Jane

Partying over at these fun blogs:
Amaze Me Monday
Metamorphosis Monday
Let's Talk Vintage
Coastal Charm Show & Share
Inspire Me Tuesday
Wow us Wednesday
Party in Your PJ's

10 comments:

  1. That's such a cute way to fix up the little nook! I love the lamp with the covered cord. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cozy lil spot you created! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHat a great little corner - I love it! I can see that being played out in a lot of different themes for styling seasonally - fun!
    Rita C at Panoply

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this and I think it would be so great to have a little nook like this of my own! lol! Love the wee little desk and books. Great job! :)

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've made good use of that little space! I love the old roller rink baskets! I've never seen those before. i wouldn't have known what they were originally for if you hadn't told me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an absolutely adorable corner! We had a desk just like that when I was growing up. I loved it. My brother hated it. I loved school. Him, not so much, which explains our very different feelings about the desk. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore your little corner and everything is so cute. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a sweet nook...love it!
    Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a sweet nook...love it!
    Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. love that shelving. it just fits perfect.

    ReplyDelete