Saturday, January 21, 2017

At Your Service

Hi everyone!

For awhile now, I have been hankering for a service counter in my kitchen.  I had a buffet and china combo for awhile, but it was black and very, very heavy looking It also was of no use for serving during parties and such. I sold it to a friend a year or so ago and lived with a few "make-do" alternatives since then.

Mr. Bluebird and I love to entertain and often host buffet style parties.  There never seemed enough room for all of the plates, utensils, desserts, slow cookers, etc. - let alone making it all look pretty!  (With my cooking skills, it is important for it all to look pretty - no guarantee how it is going to taste, lol)

I did A LOT of searching for ideas - adding cabinets to match our existing to form a serving bar with storage and free-standing servers.  It was kind of a Goldilocks situation for a long, long time - too big, too small, wrong style, wrong finish and the list went on.    In the end, I decided on a freestanding server with wine display. 


 I surprised myself by picking out a natural wood finish, as I had always envisioned something in white for this space.  I am happy, though, because I think the wood is a nice contrast to all that white.




One feature I loved about this cabinet was the gorgeous hardware.  I am smitten with this knob for the storage door - super cool!



This beauty was delivered shortly before Christmas and I just made what I had on the walls work and added a few things to the top.  It is a little over accessorized and crowded in this picture, but things have changed with a new (to me) vintage find. The look has definitely been simplified. I hope to show you the change on Monday.

Thanks for stopping by,
Jane

Looking for more design inspiration? Join me at these fabulous parties?

Amaze Me Monday
Inspire Me Tuesday
The Scoop

6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful piece, Jane. I love the hardware, too. Is it a new piece or an antique one? It has an "old" look to it-which I like..but don't think an older piece would have had the wine storage feature. It looks just great. So nice to see a post from you! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is just beautiful!!! Looking forward to your next buffet party when we can see it in action!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful piece Jane. Looks great.
    Happy Sunday.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a beautiful piece! I love that knob too. Now you can use it for storage and serving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the cabinet. Nice choice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jane, that is a beautiful piece. Love the hardware, too. I like all your accessories but can't wait to see what's new. I know it will be perfect..Happy Wednesday..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete