Sunday, February 5, 2017

At Your Service - Simplified

**IF YOU ARE VISITING FROM A LINK PARTY AND WERE LOOKING FOR MY POST ABOUT MY SERVER/SIDEBOARD - FOR REASONS UNKNOWN TO ME, THE POST DISAPPEARED AND WAS REPLACED BY AN EARLIER POST ABOUT TULIPS. I HAVE NO IDEA WHY!!!! BUT, THANKS SO MUCH FOR VISITING. I AM WORKING ON GETTING THIS CORRECTED.

JANE



Hi everyone!

I don't know what the weather has been like in your neck of the woods these past few weeks, but in Bluebird-land the weather has been cloudy, bleak, dreary, etc., etc.  However, a bright spot in these mid-winter doldrums is the arrival of tulips at the grocery store!


At $4.99 a bunch, they are a breath of spring and a sign of warm days to come (for a cheap price)!


When I brought them home, my bouquet stood like soldiers in my little, vintage enamel pitcher...


By morning, they were all droopy, as you see in these pictures.  Boo to that!  But have no fear...


A few seconds on Google, and my tulips are on their way to be restored to standing at attention (I think)! There are a gazillion tips to preventing and/or correcting tulip droop online, so I suggest if you need advice on this "just Google" and your problem will be solved (hopefully)!



Drooping or not, the jolt of color is definitely sunshine on a cloudy day.

Thanks for stopping by,
Jane

Joining in these parties:
Amaze Me Monday
Botanic Bleu Monday Social
Wow us Wednesday

8 comments:

  1. I love it, Jane. That's a very large server and I can imagine a great buffet on it!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous piece Jane. I love this so much. Love your wall decor above it too. Happy Monday.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simple or not, I think it is perfect and beautiful Jane! Hope all is well !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning Jane, I like your blog and your new server. When you learn how to photo a mirror, blog about it, I don't know how either. I learned about your blog from Diana at nanadianatahkesabreak. I just love her personality she is a precious lady! I am your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blooming tulips are just the thing for February. The internet has a mind of its own. Once I had a post disappear the same day it was published, but there were 3 comments still visible on the post's site. Never did figure that out.

    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's 79 degrees here today and the daffodils are blooming. Crazy winter but I'll take it! Lovely blooms, they sure do brighten a room!
    Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tulips continue to "grow" after they are cut, so that is why you need to keep cutting them back. I love these, the color is gorgeous! Happy Valentines day!!!!

    ReplyDelete