Saturday, January 3, 2015

Winter Meets Valentine's

Hi Everyone!

Well, Christmas 2014 is all tucked away in the record books here at the Bluebird household, which left things looking a little......sparse.  I am not a sparse kind of girl - although I do enjoy the order that comes after the chaos of Christmas!  But anyhoo, I decided to leave the garland around my kitchen chandelier after taking down the holiday goodies I added to it.  I really love this garland.  It is very wispy and just says "winter" to me.


The plain garland is pretty and all, but I still wanted a touch of holiday to cheer things up during the cold winter months.  With February fast approaching (it is, people, it is!), I headed over to Hobby Lobby and picked up a few bits and bobs that I thought would look good sprinkled in with my garland.


I was kind of feeling a country vibe, so I chose some cute cloth hearts, wood & burlap hearts, and some vintage-y metal hearts with beaded hangers.  The red and pink shiny heart garland brings a little bling onto the scene. I also pulled out some red gingham fabric from my stash.


 I wove the  heart garland around the pine garland, looping it and twisting it.  Then I added my fun ornaments.



I also cut some of the gingham into strips and tied them here and there around the garland.  I like the texture the fabric brings.









Just a simple, "heartfelt" bit of decor to bring a smile to our faces during this cold and snowy part of the year in Wisconsin.  I haven't done any other Valentine's type of decor around the house just yet, and this simple garland may just be enough this year.  Time will tell!

How about you? Are you looking for a little color to bring a smile to your house and heart this time of year?

Thanks for stopping by,
Jane

Chandelier source:

Lowe's

Linking to:
Metamorphosis Monday
Make it Pretty Monday
Inspire Me Tuesday
The Scoop
Wow Us Wednesday
Party i. Your PJ's
Winter Blues Wednesday

9 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I love the light fixture to start with and adding a little love is a great thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH my gosh how I love this. We have the same pot rack and I was looking at it the other day thinking, hmmmm..should I decorate it? You have inspired me. Not sure if I will do it, but I want to LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jane, this is such a great idea. Not only do the touches of red brighten everything up, but the hearts are so sweet and look so pretty. And you have killed two birds with one stone, and you might not need anything else come February..Those are some great Valentine decorations too so I will have to made a trip to HL..Happy Weekend..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful idea. I planned on decorated a portion of out store in hearts and snowman next weekend. Wanted to incorporate a bit of winter with the red and pink..I willl add some greens now from your idea. TFS. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you did a great job. I have a friend who has a hanging rack like this that she decorates with greens and ornaments for different seasons. I'll share this post with her. I need to pull our the snow people and my valentine things. February will be here and gone before we know it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet, love it! Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY...
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! I'm not yet thinking of V day yet, but I will soon!

    ReplyDelete