Sunday, November 13, 2016

Christmas Comes to Our Lodge

Hi everyone!

As you all know, I have been starting my Christmas decor early this year, but mostly in areas of our home that don't get used on regular basis.  That would include our "lodge."

In truth, it is our finished lower level and I just recently finished up a bit of a re-do down there that I have not yet shown you. My husband is an avid outdoors man and although I would love to see our basement go a different direction, I have decided to embrace the lodge look so that the poor guy at least has a say in one room, other than the garage!  Since he is my go to guy for home projects, it's only fair!  I am still waiting on a few things before you get the actual "reveal," but in the meantime, I will show you some of the seasonal decor that is being used this year.

The finished area of our lower level is broken up into three areas - a living space, a bar room and a (yet to be completed) bathroom.  Below is part of a vignette in our bar.  The pallet piece is actually a wine rack that I picked up awhile back at World Market.  For a mass produced pallet project, this one is very authentic looking.  I painted the wall with green chalk board paint and it has been fun, listing our cold beverages and other messages. I had planned on painting the wall with black chalk board paint, but accidentally brought home the green.  Being a lazy bones, I decided to just go with it and,  in the end, I like it so much better! I am excited to show you the rest of this wall soon.





This old firkin bucket will hold a little Christmas tree in the coming days, but in the meantime, a stuffed Santa is waiting patiently.


Our pub table holds a grouping of lodge items - a burlap wrapped tree, an old red lantern and a tree round.  When our daughter was little, we used to vacation in Minocqua, WI and would often go to the lumberjack show in town.  The kids could take a tree round for free and have the lumberjacks autograph them.  Baby Bluebird loved that!


We have two of the autograph rounds and both were signed by "Sean Dog" the lumberjack.  Who knew he would go on to appear on MTV's The Real World: Boston and currently is a Wisconsin Congressman?  He married Rachel from The Real World: San Francisco and they have eight children. It is kind of fun that we know what became of this young man!







I am keeping this room low key and simple, like a true hunting lodge would be at the holidays.  I love the vintage feel of the greens with the reindeer, framing an antique game board. 





I hope to get a post up to reveal the re-do of this room soon and then follow up with the rest of the decor.  

Thanks for stopping by,
Jane

Linking up with these great parties:




24 comments:

  1. Jane- I love what I have seen so far. I think it is perfect that you did that and decorated with your hubby in mind. I did that in our lower level, too. John is all about movies. Honestly, he would go every night, I think- so our lower level became a theater room with all the old signs like they used in old theaters. Like you, that would not have been my first choice but I do like it now that it is done and he loves it.

    I can't wait to see that whole walk with the green chalkboard. I have always loved green chalkboards, too! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this a lot! I actually would love to live in a log cabin/lodge style home. I like the special touches you've added and the memento wood round piece signed by "Sean Dog". I gave my husband the basement for his hangout. His area isn't finished but it's on the list. I like the green chalkboard wall- it's a classic kind of color to go with wood like you'd see in a lodge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Lodge Room looks amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty. It looks welcoming and cozy. I can imagine curling up with a good book and some hot chocolate. Lovely decor!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it Jane. Keep going it looks awesome.
    Happy New Week.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the decor! I can't believe it's that time of year again!

    ~Trisha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the Santa most .your preparation is lovely and hope you will enjoy this marvelous event with your family with so much fun

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking forward to seeing more and I love this theme!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your "lodge" is masculine and nice. I too keep a portion of the house less feminine for the man of the home. For our house its his horses. Love the rugged look of the lodge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the lodge, woodland feel of your decorations! It is my dream to have a cabin to call home someday and to decorate to the nines on Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your lodge room decor is wonderful, and it is nice that you can decorate your husband's lodge. Some men don't want any decorations in their special rooms. :)

    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your lodge is absolutely charming and I adore your festive decorations! Blessings, Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooo looking at your lovely decor is getting me in the mood for Christmas but I'm not officially allowed to start (from my Dutch hubby) until Sinterklaas has gone on the 6th of December.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely lodge decor!
    Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I enjoyed all the pretty and Christmassy vignettes!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your "lodge" looks great, Jane! I JUST started my decorating this afternoon, couldn't get to it before today. Fri. I will get the tree up. Today I got the kitcheb and breakfast room done. I love the tree rounds and wish I had had Joe cut me some before we moved here. I also love the old game board. So many neat things! Have a very happy and blessed Thanksgiving!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope this finds you and yours doing well. May we display your header on our new site directory? As it is now, the site title (linked back to its home page) is listed, and we think displaying the header will attract more attention. In any event, we hope you will come by and see what is going on at SiteHoundSniffs.com.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The decorations are so beautiful.. The lodge type look is very warm and welcoming..

    Please visit: http://from-a-girls-mind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think the green looks great. It's sweet that you let him pick a theme in the basement. I love the Christmas decor can't wait to see the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You've done a great job keeping with the style of the room with your Christmas decor. I think every man would like a room like that! My husband hopes to have one for him in our next house.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I like all the natural elements you've used to decorate the space. We've vacationed in the Minocqua area- Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your rustic theme. Looking forward to seeing the finished room.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Jane. I love the rustic look and think the green chalkboard paint looks perfect, especially for this time of year. I know what you mean about your hubby having a place of his own. Mine has the library, but when I don't know where to put something, like Christmas boxes waiting to be packed up again, they go in there and every once in awhile I hear a little "if I could go into my room"!! Poor guy. The lodge looks perfect for your guy's enjoyment..Merry Christmas to you and your family..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete