Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Early Tree

Hi everyone!

As I shared in my last post, I am off to a bit of an early start with my Christmas decor. Why, you ask, why? Well, here's the thing. Over the past few years,  I have tried to simplify the chaos of my Christmas and starting early has worked out well. I am concentrating on a few key things to kick start my plan for peace come December.

First up, our main tree. I am going for a somewhat traditional, simple look. I tucked in frosted berry picks all over the tree, hung an assortment of classic balls and spheres and added in some burlap and jute ornaments.





I wrapped a bit of grapevine around the tree, from top to bottom, for a hint of natural texture.


I also tucked in a barn wood "sale" I bought from my neighbor, Hippie Tom's (of American Pickers fame). Not sure if it will stay (Mr. Bluebird says it doesn't make sense, lol), but at the moment I rather like it.


I will be working on our fireplace mantel next and I hope to keep with the less is more theme. We will see how that goes. Decades of being a more is more Christmas Queen has left me with some hard habits to break!

Thanks for stopping by,
Jane

Join me at some fun parties:
Wow us Wednesday
Fall Into Fall
Party in Your PJ's
Share Your Style
Grace at Home
Amaze Me Monday]Monday Social
Dishing and Digging It
Metamorphosis Monday
Inspire Me Tuesday

10 comments:

  1. LOL- Hey- since WHEN does a decoration have to make sense? lol I like the sale sign, too. I don't dare drag out Christmas until after Thanksgiving this year although I may try to get my outside lights up while it is still so nice out.

    Your tree is great. A perfect blend of traditional and rustic.

    Hope you have a great night- I am almost too anxious to watch the election results...lol xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww..your tree looks so great! I applaud you for starting early. We get a live tree so I have to wait until the 2nd week of December. I am trying to de-clutter in anticipation of Christmas decorating, and hopefully make room for Thanksgiving guests! lol!

    Keep us posted on your prep!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your tree and I join you in decorating early and with less.....although I am still full throttle FALL as I write. I packed away two tubs of Halloween but I have a TON of fall still up.
    I AM hanging my Santa Wall in the next day or two......SO many Santa paintings! I am doing a 2016 Santa Painting Giveaway.....and the paint is not even dry yet!!!
    I say KEEP THE SIGN if you like it - I do!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Morning Jane. Your tree is so pretty. I start early too and it does help to enjoy this fast moving time of year.
    Have a great day.
    Hugs,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tree is both beautiful and practical! Although I don't usually decorate until after Thanksgiving, getting a head start on December is a fantastic idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the simple, traditional tree! The sign is very cute. I am a more is more kinda decorator too but I justify it because Christmas is when you get to overdo and shine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your tree is beautiful! I love the grapevine wrapped around it. It plays off nicely with the colorscheme of the tree and the rustic touches. I actually really like the "sale" sign tucked in the branches as well. I've noticed a bit of whimsy in a tree or something unexpected really gives the tree even more interest. It say leave it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't started yet, but want to get things done the week after Thanksgiving once my house guests leave. It makes December more fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the Sale sign... even if the Mr. doesn't get it.

    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your tree looks so pretty. I love the grapevine and the sign too!

    ReplyDelete