Sunday, May 20, 2012

Feeling Cornered

I am such a fan of nooks and crannies in a home. You know, those funky little spots that are sometimes difficult to decorate, but always fun! Living in a newer home, I don't have too many quirky areas, but this little corner of my kitchen is just a sliver of space between the counter and patio door.
This chair was a GW find for $2.00 - I painted it with black, gave it a little distressing and a wax. Too cute! On it, a basket full of pretty towels to wipe off the dirty paws of our buddy Parker.
Adorable galvanized tin sits atop an upside down WalMart utensil holder that I hadn't been using for awhile.
Plate holders with plates and a framed W from Hobby Lobby. I love putting things other than plates in plate holders thanks to inspiration from Liz at Savvy Seasons.


Close up of one of my favorite plates - I am sure it was a Home Goods or TJ Maxx find a few years back. Love the little sitting dog.


 That's it from my little corner of the world!
Wishing you happiness,
Jane

Joining with Marty for Tabletop Tuesday

and Susan for Metamorphosis Monday

and Rhoda for Thrifty Treasures
">

19 comments:

  1. Jane - Very pretty corner. I love the GW chair, awesome find. Visiting from the Newbie Party and am now following you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a really cute little chair you painted. They never sell anything like that for $2 at our GW. I also love the lookk the little basket of towels. It really finishes it off. I found you at Debbiedoos. Hope you'll stop and see me at Quirky Vistas! I'm your newest follower!

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our local Goodwills' are hit or miss in the bargain department. Furniture is usually very, very cheap (especially chairs), but often the smaller, home decor items are waaayyy overpriced. :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks for stopping and reading at Quirky Vistas, Jane. I appreciate hearing from you. I guess maybe our goodwill has some deals, but it seems like anything that isn't a dish or glass is marked starting at $8, every time. It seems to be their go-to price. Other furniture is so overpriced it's been sitting there forever. Glad yours does well on furniture!

      Delete
  3. Very pretty. Great place for the chair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That chair was a great find! The galvanized pail is cute as a button too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice job. I would love to find a chair like that. So often those small spaces are ignored. It was very creative of you to turn it into an attention getter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your little corner. The chair was a great find and looks wonderful painted black. Stopping by from Metamorphosis Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice little corner! Looks happy. Thanks for sharing with the newbie party.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for your visit and for following! I'm following back!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty corner, Jane! I love how all the colors tie in together.

    visiting from Met Monday : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. I found that same chair at a garage sale this weekend! had to pay $8 for mine! looks good! found you via the newbie party

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jane, Your little corner is dressed with so many pretties. I'm the same way, wanting every corner to look cute. I'm a new follower and hope you'll stop by, Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your use of yellow and black. The wee chair is darling.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving the yellow and black and what a great GW find! It makes a for very pretty little corner.

    Have a wonderful week!
    Aledia @ Plum Perfect

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your corner and I think that little chair is just the sweetest thing ~ especially in black. I am your newest follower.

    Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a sweet spot! Love the little chair.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm in love with that galvanized tin! I'm like a bee to honey when I see thumbnails with numbers ...

    :)

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  17. After seeing your GW chair, I'm wishing I would have brought home the gossip bench I saw there today. I love what you did with this corner. It is so charming and filled with personal touches. I have one of those framed monograms that has been in a closet lately. You've inspired me to pull it out again! And I LOVE you black and white plate. I never tire of those kinds of patterns.

    Sharon @ mrs. hines class

    ReplyDelete