Sunday, June 17, 2012

At the Copa...

...Copa Cabana!  Just a few words today and a lot of pics.  We are  planning a little summer shindig at our house and I wanted to add a beach-y cabana feel to our outside serving bar on the cheap.  I used 3 yards of white canvas and a handful of craft paint in vintage beachy colors.  I used blue tape to mask out stripes (ala beach towels & bocce balls) - not being overly concerned with perfection.

I just thinned the paint with water to give it a streaky, weather-worn patina.
I added grommets to the top and hung it from tiny finishiing nails. I am going to add some rope as a finishing detail. Again, I wanted a really casual, spur of the moment look.




A fun, easy, & cheap little accent - the fabric was even pre-hemmed! Woot!





In a few days, our tile-topped serving bar will be overflowing with drinks, fruits, and summer treats!  Everybody into the pool!

Wishing you happiness,
Jane

Linking to DebbieDoos Newbie Party

6 comments:

  1. I love the old coke details! Very cute setup.
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erin! I love that old Coke crate too! Jane

      Delete
  2. Seriously the cutest Jane! You are so creative. Thanks for sharing with the newbie party.

    ReplyDelete