Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Easy Manicotti - Yum!

The other day I posted about my being "published" in Gooseberry Patch's Harvest Home.  I was lucky enough to have them send me a free copy of the book and I was anxious to try out some of the recipes in it.

Yesterday, I gave the Easy Manicotti a try and it was f-a-b-u-l-o-u-s-!
Made with staples on hand: hamburger, onion, manicotti noddles, spaghetti sauce, string cheese, and shredded mozarella.  Oh boy.....it looks and smells like it's gonna be good!

After a quick 45 minutes or so, add a veggie and some crusty bread and presto!


EASY MANICOTTI
Brown 1# hamburger along with 1 diced onion
Add 1 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce
Spoon half of the meat mixture in bottom of greased lasagna pan

Prepare 1 - 8 oz box manicotti according to pkg directions; drain
Put 1 cheese stick inside each manicotti shell and set atop meat mixture
Cover all with remaining meat mixture
Bake for 35 minutes at 350 degrees.
Uncover, top with 1 & 1/2 cups shredded mozarella and bake an additional 5 to 10 minutes until cheese is brown and bubbly
Let stand 5 minutes and serve
Bon Appetit!
Wishing you happiness,
Jane

4 comments:

  1. jane, thanks for following :) i think this recipe sounds easy enough for me ! i might have to give it a try. thanks for the culinary inspiration :D

    ~ jackie
    imathriftaholic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jane! I love manicotti and your recipe does sound easy. Thanks for sharing it with us.
    Thanks also for popping in to see me.
    be a sweetie,
    shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, that really IS an easy recipe! I love Italian food so this one is perfect. I'll have to give this one a try.

    ReplyDelete