Monday, June 18, 2012

See Rock City & A Recipe!

As a kid growing up, my family loved to pile into the station wagon and head "down south."  It was always an adventure and we especially loved looking for all the signs on the barns, silos, and roadways advertising "Ruby Falls" and "See Rock City" in Tennessee. Have any of you seen them?  Starting just south of Chicago, these signs were everywhere and were destinations we all looked forward to over & over again.
Mr. Bluebird & I honeymooned in the south and of course, spent some time at Lookout Mountain! On a trip to Nashville about 15 years ago, I picked up a cute birdhouse replica of the Rock City barns. It's authentic colors went well with my very country style at the time, but I decided to give it a 2012 update.
Out came the paint, and voila! Lightened and brightened - giving it new life outside the basement it had been relegated to for the past few years
I like the black roof, so that remained the same.

It's new home is above my cabinets, next to the license plate I picked up in Branson this past spring. I shared that story with you here.

How fun to to have reminders of  great vacations everyday! I wonder how many of these old buildings are still standing now - they have been such an iconic piece of  automobile travel history. So very charming.

I will be back tomorrow with an absolutely awesome and easy recipe - I hope you will join me!

Wishing you happiness,
Jane

Joining Marty at A Stroll Through Life for Tabletop Tuesday
and  Kim at Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesday

1 comment:

  1. What a cute birdhouse and so nice freshened up. Love the tops of your cabinets!

    ReplyDelete