Monday, June 25, 2012

Hunt Scene

Being the - ahem - age that I am, I remember when hunt scene decor was popular way, way back in the late 80's/early 90's.  Oh how I loved that look! But alas, I was also deeply in love with ducks, hearts, and teddy bears (well, it seemed like a good idea at the time!) - so no hunt look at my house.


Fast forward, and of course, my tastes have changed many times over, but I have always been drawn to hunt scenes.  Recently I found a sweet little oil painting of a hunt scene and I finally brought a little touch of that look to my home.


It's a bit weather-beaten, and frameless, but it has a certain charm to it. It was a great deal at $36.00 from a favorite antique store. I think I will leave it this way too - at least for awhile.  I have not found the perfect home for it just yet, but since I cannot be patient I took down an existing picture to put this one up.
For now, it hangs above my antique youth chair, which is currently in service as a plant stand. Obviously, it's not hung properly but again, I just wanted to hang it up so I could gaze upon it's loveliness until it has a proper home!
So, after twenty-plus years of first wanting a hunt scene picture, I finally have one. It's funny how fads and trends seem to recycle themselves if you wait long enough.  (However, I am hoping the ducks/hearts/mauve movement has been laid to decorating rest - I just can't go back there! Ha ha!

Is there anything you used to decorate with that has now come full circle and is "in" again?

Wishing you happiness,
Jane

Linking to Debbie-doos Newbie Party
http://betweennapsontheporch.net/dining-room-venetian-glass-mirror-the-179th-metamorphosis-monday/

3 comments:

  1. Love your hunt scene, it is fabulous and such a great find. Good for you. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jane,
    It looks like you are new to blogging? You are in Wisconsin! Me? Minnesota (the one with the doorbell post at the newbie party) How fun that you found the "Hunt" look that you love!
    Have a great Tuesday!!
    Bj

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your painting......and the youth chair below is precious.
    Thanks so much for visiting me and leaving such a sweet comment. Im now following back, and plan to keep up with what's goin on over here at Bluebird. 8-)

    ReplyDelete