Thursday, August 21, 2014

Chairs of a Different Color?


Hi Everyone,

I am still thinking about my kitchen chairs.  I shared the new fabric with you yesterday - and here it is pictured below.

Mr. Bluebird is all in with this project, so ......it looks like things will be done sooner than later. As I mentioned, I have been under the weather lately, and he has been a real gem in helping me out with some of my decorating dreams.  Here's where you come in.............


Here is a photo of our kitchen chairs.  They are looking a little beat up these days (but not in a good way) and really need a paint job.  Now, I could just re-paint them black and call it a day.  But I am thinking of maybe doing something a little different.


What do you all think of painting each chair a different color that is found in the fabric?  These are the paints I am considering from American Paint Company:



Nana's Cupboard


 Orange Grove


Amber Waves of Grain


Bordello


Parchment

Five chairs. Five colors.

I am not sure about this idea, but I am giving it some thought.

What say you?

Thanks for stopping by,

13 comments:

  1. I say you should paint them whatever color makes you happy, worst case scenario, if you don't like how they look then you can always paint them black. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I agree with Raymond!! :-)

      Delete
    2. I agree, and I think you will be surprised by what I ended up deciding to do!

      Delete
  2. 4 one color and 2 another. Not sure if one color each will go..might be too much color. Decision is always up to you. Do want makes you happy. Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love to get lots of opinions, Janice! And in the end, they all helped me make my decision - coming soon!

      Delete
  3. I love Nana's cupboard and parchment Jane. Just remember though, once your chairs are painted ( not in a neutral color) then you'll have trouble matching things to it e.g. dinnerware, decor, etc. Love the fabric you chose though and hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vel, you make an excellent point. I think I am happy with what I eventually have decided to do. Revealing soon.

      Delete
  4. I luv them black, but just seeing the room in the background it seems you are going w/your heart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like them black too Denise, I just started to feel that with the other dark colors, it was just too somber. Who knows? They may very well end up being black again someday!

      Delete
  5. I had the same thought Prims did..four one color and two another..but what colors...NO idea. Actually I love the black..but I know how it is when you want change. The only color I didn't care for was the Bordello. NOT...so much. Wow...decisions, decisions.
    Hmmm...well...you can always change the colors.. I'm like Denise ...I like the black..but...oh...shoot...I'm NO help at all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the great suggestions! I have taken every ones ideas to heart and think I came up with a solution that is going to work for me. Annnndddd....there is some Bordello involved, lol! Hoping to finish up soon to share.

      Delete
  6. The only way to know for sure is to jump boldly in with both feet! It is just paint and time! If you really don't like the different colors - repaint! I would also recommend searching Pinterest or Google for different colored dining chairs and see if you can find someone with a similar look and see what you think of it. Sometimes seeing it for real, will give you the confidence you need! Thanks for linking up to my newbie party! Hope to see you again this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Doreen, that was a great idea and I did do a little researching and found the PERFECT (I think, I hope) idea for my chairs. Looking forward to getting in done to share at your par-tay!

      Delete