Monday, January 6, 2014

Clean Slate Monday

Hi everyone! As I told you here, one of my home ambitions for 2014 is to organize something every single day.  My theory is this will lead me to quite a tidy space by the end of the year and keep things from getting out of control!  Five or ten or twenty minutes a day spent on a drawer, a shelf, or whatever is do-able no matter how hectic the schedule.

I've also made myself accountable by promising you lovelies that I will chronicle my progress via pictures each and every Monday. So, with the fear of facing public shaming if I don't follow through, I present to you week one of my "clean slate" program!

January 1, 2014 - put away the Christmas décor! (Except for the tree - keeping that up through the 6th!)






 

January 2, 2014 - filled out the important dates on my new calendar








January 3, 2014 - addressed next Christmas' cards. We live near the Lang Company, so we have an amazing outlet store. My cards were only $3.00 a box and they are so pretty.


 
 
 
 January 4, 2014 - I sorted through the junk at our "landing station" in the kitchen and tamed it! We can always close the door on it, but in reality we usually leave the door up and all of our clutter is proudly (?) on display!  After a good clean-up, only the essentials remain!
 


 
 
January 5, 2014  -  This next "accomplishment" was in the micro-mini category.  I have a drawer in my desk where I keep any greeting cards I plan to send out in the near future.  A little bit of silly clutter I had gotten in there, so "swoosh!" Got rid of that and even found a $10 Starbucks gift card at the bottom of the pile! Woot!  That is about it for organizing today because I am helping Mr. Bluebird work on one of the projects I've cooked up for him!
 
 
So there you have it, the first week of January and I have tackled some of the annoying clutter.  I am figure these baby steps will become giant leaps in the months to come! How about you guys? Have any clutter that needs tackling?
 
See you next week with my continuing organizational progress.
 
Thanks for stopping by,
 
Jane


2 comments:

  1. Oh my, you are so organized! Christmas cards for next year?! Wow! I also kept my tree until yesterday for Epiphany. Glad your moving along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a new year, a new start, always good.
    Merle...............

    ReplyDelete