Saturday, January 18, 2014

A Galvanizing Moment at Wal-Mart

 
Hi Everyone!  I had to pick up a few things from Wal-Mart this morning, and while in the dog food aisle, I noticed this huge galvanized dish.  It is meant to be a dog food bowl, but my goodness - I think the possibilities for this are endless.  At only $2.87 (no, your eyes are not deceiving you - this was quite the deal for under $3.00!), I couldn't put this in my cart fast enough!
 
 
I set it on a full size, round placemat so you could get an idea of the scale for this dish. It is food safe, so you could serve in it.  The tag says not to bake in it, but for serving cold food it would be wonderful.
 
 



Just for fun, I put our cat's water & food bowls inside.  We keep them on the dryer so the dog doesn't get after it. Could be a fun way to corral those dishes in one spot and make for easy cleanup of spills, etc.


I actually am thinking of picking up a few  more and painting the insides with chalkboard or black magnetic paint and hanging them as a trio or maybe even five.. They would be cute with a 5X7 picture frame in them, too - or letters/numbers from Hobby Lobby.

Lots to consider!  All in all, I think it is a really cool little (big) thing for such a low price.  It is a regular item too, not clearance or sale.

You never know what turns up at Wal-Mart.  Today was my lucky day!

Thanks for stopping by,
Jane

Linking with:
Metamorphosis Monday
Make it Pretty Monday
Amaze Me Monday
The DIYers
Inspire Me Tuesday
Wow Us Wednesdays


14 comments:

  1. WOW those are great. Sometimes you can find wonderful things there. Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea for the pet dishes. Is it deep enough to plant in it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish it was, Stacey, but it is only about two or three inches tall. You could use it as an under tray for a potted plant though.

      Delete
  3. Thats a good idea to put the cat bowls in,my little horrors are so messy.
    Merle............

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll have to look for those! Our Great Pyrenees would probably like one to eat out of, and I'd want a couple for me to fiddle with. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I'm visiting via Amaze Me Mondays at Dwellings and I'm a follower now :) Such a great find and for an awesome price--I'm going to have to run out and get some! Blessings, Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really cool and really cheap! Way to think outside the box!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always go to the dog food aisle when I'm at Walmart so I'll have to look for the bowls, thanks!

    ReplyDelete