Tuesday, January 14, 2014

The Long & Winding Road of Home Projects

 
 
Hi Everyone!  Sharing a few snapshots of a project I have been working on since November. Yes.  November.  The area I am working on is really rather small, but there have been so many little details to work on.
 
(The vintage crates I blogged about yesterday will be used in part of this area.)
 
 
 
 
I pulled down the turquoise painted faux beadboard wallpaper, which revealed the once-lovely spruce green paint.  (Not so attractive any more!) One of my supervisors was on the job inspecting to make sure everything was going just right......
 
 


Mr. Bluebird has been on the scene also (it looks like he's smoking in this pic, but he actually has a pencil in his mouth!).


 
This is another part of the area being re-done. You will not recognize it when this project is finished! 
 
It all looks pretty hopeless right now, doesn't it?  This "weekend" project has spiraled into something much longer, but I am confident it will be done soon.
 
Can't wait to share it with you!
 
Thanks for stopping by,
 
Jane

10 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see it done, Jane. Those projects always take longer than we think they are going to, don't they? I had that "green", too!;>) xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diana - it is done and will be on my blog soon!

      Delete
  2. No not hopeless at all. I can picture those crates on shelves. That will look organized and I love the industrial/collected look that you'll get with those. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything always seems to take so much longer than I want it to when it comes to renovation! Keep going, you're almost there! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim M - we have finally finished it and it will be on my blog soon!

      Delete
  4. I can't wait to see it done! Love those crates!! Enjoy your day, Gail

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see it done dear! Happy for you your hubs is helping on this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vel - I am pretty lucky to be married to a handy guy!

      Delete