Sunday, January 5, 2014

Pet Silhouettes

Well, the new year is under way and the creative juices are flowing around here! I have been working on refreshing our upstairs hallway and actually, have many fun projects and additions to show you.
 
Today, though, I wanted to share the silhouettes of our family pets that I made to hang in the hallway.  I think they turned out so cute and will be a long lasting tribute to our trio of furballs!
 
 


The three amigos (well, not exactly amigos, maybe I should call them the three "tolerators!" - as in they tolerate each other, but that's about it).





This was such a fun & easy project to do.  I wish I had "how-to" pics, but I am sure the instructions are easy enough to follow without visuals. The hardest part was getting a side profile picture of each of them - I took tons before I found three that would work!
 
Then, I enlarged them to the size I wanted on my computer and printed them out on copy paper.  I cut them out, and traced them onto black scrapbooking paper.  I cut those out, glued them onto white cardstock, and placed them into $3.97 black frames from WalMart - talk about thrifty!  How fun to do this with your kids, also? Classic.
 
I am sure there are other, more "correct" methods of making silhouettes, but this one worked just fine for me! I will show you how they look in the hallway soon.
 
Thanks for stopping by,
Jane
 
Linking with these fun parties:
 




14 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, Jane! This is such a cute idea and inexpensive, right up my alley. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you also, Brandi! Can't believe how fast it is going ALREADY!!!! Yikes!

      Delete
  2. They are cute and I'm glad they tolerate each other mine fight a bit.
    Merle...............

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of our cats and the dog go at it from time to time. The dog is actually deathly afraid of him!

      Delete
  3. SUPER cute! i think i need to make these for my two dogs. thanks for the inspiration! http://www.handmadeintheheartland.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so easy to do Angela and I think they turned out so cute. Thanks for stopping in.

      Delete
  4. What a great idea. We have 4 cats, so I've got my work cut out for me. Thanks for sharing. Ann Marie @ Iris Abbey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Ann Marie. Good luck with getting four to sit still!

      Delete
  5. your pets are adorable
    and i've never thought
    of doing silhouettes of animals

    such a fun idea
    and so pretty

    would love for you to share
    at Fridays Unfolded this week!

    Alison
    Nancherrow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the blog stop Alison. Love your blog and definitely attended your party.

      Delete
  6. Great idea and turned out so cute! Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this idea! I'm off to give it a try! Thanks for sharing how you made these!

    ReplyDelete