Thursday, March 15, 2012

Let's get this thing started!

I was beginning to think I might procrastinate my blog away, so today I thought I better get going and I am jumping in feet first and showing a glimpse of our family room.  It is currently decorated in golds, rusts, and earthy-type tones.  Living in chilly Wisconsin, I have found over the years that warm and cozy colors work best for me.  I have tried other color schemes, but always come back!  This is it's after Christmas look;  I have made several changes for spring to lighten things up and am awaiting some new window treatments.  I will share those changes with you all soon.

Currently I am working on a little remodel project in BOTH of our upstairs bathrooms.  New flooring, paint, and accessories.  Can you say what a mess?! Oh yes! In fact, our master bathroom toilet has found a temporary home in our guest room.  (It spent all of last Sunday on our front lawn.....so attractive.  I am sure my neighbors were jealous of that look!)

I will leave you with a few pics of my daughter's bathroom in progress......





We are installing this super cool vinyl floor that is 100% waterproof - perfect for the bath.  It looks just like wood and you can even feel the wood green.  I am loving it so far.  We also are installing bigger, beefier white baseboard molding.  I will keep you updated on our progress!

Hey! Thanks for joining me today - I am so glad you stopped by my humble blog.

Wishing you happiness,
Jane

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to blogland, Jane! My husband was born in Kenosha and then lived in Racine until he went off to the Marines! Just took my first trip up to your beautiful state last summer. My stepson lives in the Milwaukee area, so I know we'll be visiting again! BTW - your family room is so cozy, warm and inviting! Take care.

    ReplyDelete