Monday, May 13, 2013

I'm Still Here & Patio Progress

Hi everyone!

Oh my, have I been MIA or what? I didn't mean to put my blog aside for so long, but I have been busy at work and at home, and truthfully, not much pretty has been going on around my hacienda the past weeks. With summer break fast approaching, I assure I will have MUCH to share. Hope you will hang in there with me.  For now, I will update you on our patio.

When last we spoke, I was awaiting the start of a big patio project.  Finally, the spring weather gave us a break and our landscapers started the job late late last week.


First things first - remove the old concrete.



This process took all of 30 minutes....


Blurry because it was taken from the inside screen, but there is a pile of concrete where our swimming pool used to be!


Next step, adding stone for a good, sturdy base.


The beginnings of a retaining wall.


Today they started laying the pavers. The wood squares you see are where the posts/pillars will go for our gazebo.



Another view looking out from our kitchen.  We have about another two weeks to go according to our contractor.  Exciting stuff for us!   We also added a cool, custom feature that I can't wait to show you once it gets installed.  If you are from Wisconsin, you will be envious!

Thanks for stopping by.

Wishing you happiness,
Jane


A Stroll Thru Life

8 comments:

  1. Hi Jane! So glad to see you again. Your patio looks like it is going to be so inviting! Can't wait to see the finished product!
    hugs,
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cecilia! I am looking forward to it also!

      Delete
  2. Oh thanks Vel!!! I appreciate the kind words!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, tons of work, but boy is it ever going to be fabulous. Can't wait to see more. Thanks tons for joining Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marty, lucky for us most of the work is being done by someone else lol! Excited to start "styling" it!

      Delete
  4. Oh this is going to be amazing! I am in love with the progress so far, so I know the big reveal will be gorgeous. We are looking for ideas for our back yard as well. I am inspired!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brandi! I am looking forward to the "big reveal" too! But, I cannot lie - the process is so much fun too.

      Delete