Saturday, September 7, 2013

Changin' Things Up in the Family Room

I came across some cute prints at Home Goods awhile back and knew they would be perfect in our family room.  There is a very awkward "sort of a wall" in this room, that also boasts a return air grille! Ugh!  But I plug on, as it can't be covered.  I have been on the lookout for a vintage grille to put there, and have come close a few times, but still on the hunt. That burgundy blob is where our former surround speaker had been - we upgraded to a small, discreet soundbar not too long ago.  Need to paint!
 
ANYWAY........just pretend that silly grille is not there! And the burgundy blob has been painted over!  I started with my green stair tread shelf that you can read about here. And three of my favorite plates.
 
 
 
 Added in my pretty bird prints - so cheery, and the perfect colors for this room.


Next I added a metal, bird-topped cloche.  I stuck a cute ceramic chicken and some fall berries inside.




Then a few colorful pitchers.


A few finishing touches - a wooden bird, vintage green mirror, and a few book boxes for height.



I know it won't stay this way for long - I am doing some fall decorating this weekend, but I think it was a nice end of summer display.

I will back soon with the final reveal of our kitchen remodel - a long time coming!

Have a great weekend!

Jane

3 comments:

  1. I like those bird prints they are really lovely.
    Merle........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jane- That looks nice. Love the bright pop of color your shelf adds and your pillows. I hope you have a great Sunday. It is 2am and I really need to get to bed!;>) xo Diana

    ReplyDelete