Monday, August 4, 2014

Spray Painted Lamps

 Hi everyone!

I am finally getting around to showing you the finished lamps I was working on last week.  I first told you about them here.

The pair started out like this.  Oh, how I love these lamps - but the color just wasn't working. They were several bedroom re-dos ago, and really, just don't go with anything in my house.  I am not ready to part with these beauties just yet.  What to do? What to do?

Well, of course, spray paint is always a good option and I had a can of Rustolem 2XUltra Strawflower spray paint in the garage in the perfect color.  So, I decided to give it a go.




I just love the color, and I am so happy the toile pattern is still visible.  I had entertained distressing the finish, but I decided to go with a cleaner look and - for now - I am leaving it "as is."


I used the same color on our guest room desk, except that I also put a coat of gel stain on top and distressed the finish, following with a coat of clear wax.  You can see the post about this here.


These lamps are going to be our bed side lamps in our master, which is still a work in progress. I will be back later with week to show you what I did with the cool bench I picked up a few weeks ago for this room.


The master is starting to get pulled together and I am so excited to finally be done with it!  I am already enjoying some of the lighter touches I am incorporating, while staying true to my personal style.

How about you? What projects are you working on?

Thanks for stopping by,
Jane

Linking with:
Masterpiece Monday
Lou Lou Girls Fabulous Party
Amaze Me Monday
Show & Share Party
Ins[ire Me Tuesday
The Scoop
Wow Us Wednesday

4 comments:

  1. Spray paint fixes everything! Love the lamps in white.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to re-purpose your lamps..look great! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the vignette you created dear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks amazing! I love this. Pinned. We truly love you being a part of our party. I hope you get chance to stop by tonight at 7 pm. It wouldn't be a party without you! http://loulougirls.blogspot.com/
    Happy Monday! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete