Monday, March 17, 2014

Mantel Changes

 
Hi Everyone!  Sharing a mantel change in our living room today.  I have been wanting to change up the mantel for a long, long, l-o-n-g time, but just hadn't been able to find the right thing.  I know you know what I am saying, right?
 
Here, I have stripped the mantel down to the three key pieces that don't change in my mantelscape.  I did like the picture at one time, but it started to feel a little heavy and did not quite have the "look" I wanted to achieve in here. Once I added any other accessories, the dark frame and the dark sconces were just too much.  The print is also a little too contemporary for my farmhouse home.
 

 
 
 I had been looking for something vintage to take place of the picture and I am still.  However, I came across a really nice print at Kirkland's, and at a really great price - so for now, this is the centerpiece of my mantel:




It's got a farm-y feel (probably because it depicts a farm, lol!) and it also reminds me of the farm I grew up on.  In fact, my parents had a big old red barn like that where they sold antiques - so it was a perfect find!!!




I wanted to keep all the accessories fairly spare for spring - just want a breather after all the "fluff" from winter.  I am sure I will tweak it and fill it up in the future, but right now I like this more peaceful setting.



 
All you demijohn lovers out there (and I know there are many) may have noticed the two awesome demijohns on my mantel.  They are a recent lucky windfall and I will share their incredible history and how they came to be mine in an upcoming post. 

I rounded out the simple arrangement with a few roosters I had from Hobby Lobby years ago and a vintage yellow ware bowl with an airy fern inside.

Someday, I will have to share with you how the stain in front of my fireplace got there.....uggghhhh!!!! But it is what is.......

Anyway folks, that's it for today. 

Thanks for stopping by,

Jane

Partying with:

Amaze Me Monday
The DIYers
Make it Pretty Monday
Metamorphosis Monday
Inspire Me Tuesday

4 comments:

  1. I love the new art work you place up there Jane, it works well with your stone fireplace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh it looks amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mantel looks lovely!
    Love a symmetry of your groupings.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog and for letting me know
    there was a weird linking with Blue Cardinal antiques.
    I think it has been fixed!

    Have a lovely week!
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love anything with a farm scene, great print! Such a pretty mantle. So nice having you share at Amaze Me Monday, thanks so much!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete